Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Raw Human


I'm not a loser or weak, because I choose to feel. I'm a human who is allowing herself to feel. Who is allowing herself to be completely raw. And for a few moments, I'm not going to have a care in the world what you think. I'm just going to allow myself to have a human experience that others choose to neglect. I'm not weak. I'm not admitting defeat. No. In fact, I see myself stronger than those who choose to ignore their feelings. You may see that as a "holier-than-thou" attitude. But we were given emotions and raw experiences to shape and strengthen us. I can't stand in the fire and not feel the burning affects. I will cry out. I will grieve loss. I will grieve from trauma. And then after my moment has passed, I'll get up and dust myself off and continue my journey.

I am a human in acceptance of my human experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment