Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Easter!



When I was in the first grade I got in an argument with a kid in my class about whether Easter was on Saturday or Sunday. Obviously he won. But you see, I didn't understand that, because at my house the Easter bunny always came on Saturday morning. Turns out my mom was teaching us a lesson at a very young age about 1- Keeping the Sabbath Day holy and 2- Easter Sunday is about Jesus Christ. Momma Rock knows best, my friends. And I will continue to carry out this tradition with my own family.

Easter really resonates with me, because the atonement of Jesus Christ is close to my heart. I haven't really gotten super deep about sharing my testimony of Christ, because it's something that is very very dear and personal to me. I'm sure that will change someday, but for now I will just give you just a taste of my testimony of Him.

He's real. His mission was set out before He came to this world. He carried out his mission, because He loves God. And because He understood how His sacrifice would benefit all of God's children. His loves for each one of us is so personal, because He truly knows each one of us. He knows our pain and suffering. He understands how much that scrape on our knee hurt when we were five years old. And He understands how much it hurt when our hearts were broken. He truly paid the price. He wanted to. He chose to, because you and I were both worth it.

I often wish I could repay Him in full, because to me it seems like such a hard sacrfice to do. But perhaps that's what true sacrifice is. You sacrifice something, because you ultimately understand and love the purpose of it. You wouldn't even think twice about it. And while I can't pay him back, I can at least utilize His sacrifice personally in my life. He literally died, so that I could return to my God and live with him for eternity. Why wouldn't I want to live my loving Heavenly Father? You guys know how much I love Him.

If I could get on such a deep, intimate level with you guys on my honest feelings about my Savior, I would. But I think what's better is for you to do that with Him for yourself. He is real. Because of Jesus Christ, I have found new life. That's priceless!

Happy Easter, my dear friends. May your hearts be turned to your Savior, Jesus Christ during this wonderful holiday. See you next Monday!



“Turn your eyes to Gethsemane, and you will find inner strength and power to carry on and do whatever it is that faces you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment