Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I don't hate him (part 2)


Yes. I know I blogged about this yesterday, but I had to blog again.

Sunday night it hit me. Allergies. From. Hell. I hate everything in the world. When I get allergies in the springtime, it hits me like a bag of bricks. I can't breathe, I have a runny nose, and I want to stab my eyes out. 

You guys, I had plans for yesterday. It's a fresh week. You know how I feel about Mondays. I had goals. I climbed out of bed two hours after I usually do. I didn't want to, but I had things that needed to be done. So I powered through. And Satan was so mean to me. His constant put-downs were enough to make me cry. I felt terrible. I was vulnerable. I was tired. And he wouldn't leave me alone.

You're not going to finish everything.

Stop it.

You're all ready behind.

I'm caught up on though.

No one wants you.

That's not true.

This week will be like all the others.

That's not true.

You're a failure.

Stop it! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! 

Workout time came and I was not feeling it, but I needed to get it done. So I threw my laundry in the washing machine and told myself I would workout while it washed. That's killing two birds with one stone. I hit play on my laptop and started the workout. Satan started coming at me again.

You're fat.

I know I am. But I'm working on it.

You can't do half of these moves.

That's not true. I can do the moves just not well.

See that girl on the screen? She's doing better than you.

She's also the instructor so-

You're powerless. Give up!

I'm sick, but I'm not powerless. And I'm not stopping. 

*Cue tears*


Satan has been trying to stop me from doing what I need to do. And I'm holding on to what God has promised me and what he holds for me in my future. So no, Satan, I won't listen to you. Even on the days when I feel tired and wiped out. I won't listen to you. I'm not powerless. I'm powerful. And I have the power to ignore you. I have God and Jesus Christ on my side and you cannot touch me. Not today! You can't have me today. Or tomorrow. I'm stronger than you. 

I don't hate him, I just don't like him. Here's to you folks! I hope your Monday was better than mine.
Tomorrow's post is much happier as I share with you my experience at the Provo City Center Temple Dedication. See you later!

***I pre-write my posts, so yesterday's post was written on Thursday. The events of this post was yesterday as in Monday.***

No comments:

Post a Comment