Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hit or Miss

...or curious. My creativity through cooking comes out when I'm trying to use up the food that I have. I don't want to go shopping, because I'm lazy and I hate it. I ate a fried egg with pimento olives and cheese mixed in it. I topped that with some cilantro-avocado dressing. It wasn't the worst. I ate every bite. And then I had the same thing for breakfast the next day.

For lunch today, I thought it would be great to use my frozen cauliflower. I bought them, because I had read that you can substitute chicken with cauliflower. So I went to work and made this beautiful lemon chili pepper flour coating and poured it over the cauliflower. Then I baked it. And I baked it. And it baked. But it wasn't looking the way I wanted it to. So I threw it in the oven again and wracked my brain as to why it wasn't working. Then it hit me. I was supposed to fry the cauliflower. So I took it out of the oven fried it up and still looked terrible. And the taste, you ask? It wasn't the worst. And usually I will tolerate that, but not today. I threw it away in the trash and made chocolate chip pancakes.

It's a hit or miss with me. I am usually pretty good at cooking. I have limited ingredients, so maybe I need to just suck it up and go grocery shopping this week. It's not the worst. Happy Tuesday and I hope your food tastes better than mine.
P.S. You've been asking for recipes on food that I've posted on Instagram and those recipes are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment