Friday, March 11, 2016

Create.


If you were to ask me if I'm creative, I would laugh in your life. But I love the idea of creativity. I love artists in any form, because individually, they are masters of their own craft. And I look up to them with awe and wish I could be half as great as them. 

And then at family home evening we talked about creativity. We had to chant, "I am a creative person" or something like that. And I hated it. Every. Single. Bit. Of. It. And I ain't be over-dramatic, I'm simply bringing to light about my very feelings on the matter.

So I processed. I'm not an artist. (My seventh grade art teach can attest to that one.)  I don't sew. I don't do crafts. I can't sing. I can't write.  But really though, I can't write. Seriously!!! Why are you crossing out everything I'm saying?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

That was a bit over-dramatic. I'm sorry.

I can write. I don't write like everyone else. We all know my grammar is atrocious. That's okay. I can write. I have my own style. I express myself my own way. I don't write for you. I write for me, but I share with you. I have loved writing since I was a teenager. I love it. It's a big part of me.

I guess I am creative. My own way. Hm...it's really not the worst. Happy Friday and Happy Weekend. See ya'll back on Monday!

I started blogging in 2008. You can check out that blog at http://marlisarock.blogspot.com/. The archives date back to 2010, because I once got really self-conscious and deleted posts from 2008-2009. I think my writing has improved. Or at least I hope it has. Eh, it's not the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment