Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Plain and Precious Truths #3

"And when I did turn unto my closet, O Lord, and prayed unto thee, thou didst hear me.
"Yea, thou art merciful unto thy children when they cry unto thee, to be heard of thee and not of men, and thou wilt hear them." Alma 33:7-8

No prayer of ours goes unheard. Sometimes in the depth of my prayer, I can feel someone listening on the other side. Other times, God really tests my faith, because I have to keep telling myself that He is listening when I don't feel it.

The beauty of prayer is that we are purely conversing with the Lord. He hears us. He hears our deepest desires, our raw emotions, our purest joys, our gratitude, and our beg for forgiveness. He hears all of that! He loves that! He loves when we talk to Him. He is full of mercy and He wants to bless and comfort us.

Prayer can work mighty miracles, because we are praying to a mighty God who is eager to help us!


 Here is the last post in this series: http://itsnottheworst.blogspot.com/2016/05/plain-and-precious-truths-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment