Wednesday, May 11, 2016

25 Years and eternity to go!



I was looking at my Church records and guess what?! I was sealed to my family 25 years ago TODAY!
"Before this world was your family was called from the great councils of heaven. Your family is not an accident. This has come by the design of your Father in Heaven. Our Father in heaven has assembled families because of the strength, growth, interactions, and most certainly the influences of righteousness given to others." 

This is a direct quote from my patriarchal blessing. I know that it's true. My family is very close. We're not a perfect family, but we grow and pull together. I would say that the glue in our family is our Faith. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the center of our family. My parents, especially my mom, has done a wonderful job at teaching us the gospel. My siblings have gone on to find their spouses and marry in the Temple. They teach their kids the same principles my parents taught.

We support each other and we love each other. Being the youngest of six kids, I've watched each one of my siblings grow up and progress in life. I've seen some of their trials and have watched them overcome them.

One thing I have loved is watching my brothers, brother in-laws, and my dad use their Priesthood power to bless our family. They take it seriously. They honor and respect their Priesthood. In a dark world, the Priesthood is very much needed. It's sacred power has saved my family during hard times.
I've also loved watching my sisters, sister in-laws, and mom become moms and a grandma! It's so fun to see them raise their children. And gosh, I am so grateful to be an aunt to 16 nieces and nephews! They are so vibrant and full of life!

Families truly can be together FOREVER! That's a beautiful blessing that this gospel offers! Oh sweet the joy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment