Saturday, October 25, 2014

Time for Her

I spent Thursday with my lovely mother at home in Highland. Wednesday night was a long night for me. I ached to be home and God knew that. Home is a sacred and safe place for me and my mom is the woman I look up to most in my life. She's a rock of woman, that mother of mine! No doubt God knew who was to be my mother in this mortal life. She is a strength to my family. A mother's love is the most genuine and special love that one could ever have. (Next to Gods love, of course. But they're pretty similar, aren't they?)

I was laying in bed, all warm and cozy underneath my covers earlier today and I got to thinking about Her. I don't often think about Her, because She's rarely mentioned. She's so sacred and special, that God protected Her good name. But I couldn't help thinking about my Heavenly Mother. I've been told through blessings that I have some of her precious and divine qualities.

Being buried in my warm blankets, it got me thinking about how great it would be to be with Her. I imagined just the two of us on Her big bed. It's got the most comfiest quilt and the bed is so soft. I would lay there wrapped up in that big quilt, with my head in her lap as she stroked my hair. I could tell her anything. We'd have girl talk. She'd listen to me intently as I quietly cried to her about my heartaches and struggles. She'd laugh as I told her funny stories and she'd give me loving counsel.

As I laid in my bed, I felt this overwhelming warmth and love encompass me. I then began to pray and asked God to tell Her that I loved her and felt Her love for me. It was pure and perfect. A "heart tapping moment" if you will. (Heart tapping moments are those precious tastes of what heaven/eternity is like.)

I can't wait to hug her one day. She must be a wonder of a woman! God is very lucky to have Her by His side! I truly believe that each one of us, have divine qualities from our Heavenly Parents! Each unique, but compliment each other so perfectly. They are the true examples of how a marriage and a relationship between husband and wife should be. She must be the perfect wife to Heavenly Father. She supports Him alongside with each one of their children. They counsel together and are so involved in each of their children's lives.

How precious, isn't it? That She cares just as much as He does about our own lives. That She is just as involved as He is! She is rooting for me every step of the way. She wants me home. She wants to have those mother/daughter moments with me. She knows what it's like to have struggles. She knows what it's like to feel rejection, low self-esteem, having wayward children. She knows the pain that comes with periods, miscarriages, having children with disabilities. She know's what it feels like to be lonely. She know's what disappointment feels like. She also knows the joy that life can bring. She too has a strong testimony of the gospel. She too has walked the long road and She made it!

She's my Mother. She's your Mother. And She loves you and She loves me. Wow. I'm grateful for Her. Words could never fully express how grateful I am for her. She is an example to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment