Monday, October 20, 2014

Not My Will

Sunday was quite lovely. I can happily say that with a smile on my face. Church was beautiful beyond measure! Ward conference was absolutely  what I needed. Each meeting was just spot on. It was a lot to take in - I was scribbling down notes like mad. 

The afternoon was quiet and relaxing. No meetings = nap time! (I'm pretty sure that I had a dream about Harry Potter.) I got settled into my bed and started reading a book on my phone. I am currently reading "Growing Up Duggar" which is surprisingly good. (Book review on this coming soon) Somewhere in there, I fell asleep and woke up to my roommates laughing in the kitchen. (And goodness, they are soooo funny!!!)

Sunday night started off rough, but ended so beautifully! I feel so blessed to have wonderful people in my life. I had a good chat with my older brother on the phone who gave me great counsel. I received a blessing that gave me strength. I talked to some dear friends, who definitely cheered me up and helped me get back on my feet. I feel so blessed!

This was on my mind today:


How can I boldly say this to my Heavenly Father? How can I fully give my whole heart and will to Him? One of the few things that I want to do is to be able to fully give and dedicate my life to the Lord. I'm realizing very quickly that I can't just make this decision on a whim. I wish I could, but I can't. However, I'm building up to it. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." It's a constant process. The more obedient I am, the more trust I have in Him. Trust always makes the decision easier to make. I am just grateful that God accepts me as I am right now. That He accepts the fact that I struggle to give Him my whole heart. He understands that and He knows that I am trying. And that's good enough for now. I have a lot of time to continue progressing.

1 comment:

  1. I like your goals! I should probably break down my conference goals week by week so they're not so overwhelming...

    ReplyDelete