Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fall brings change

Can I just tell you how beautiful the leaves are right now? I had the pleasure of venturing up the canyon with some dear friends one Sunday afternoon. The view was spectacular! I love fall! The change has been breathtaking.
I was walking to work and noticed how much more vibrant the mountains looked. I then had a thought that has been simmering on my mind all day. I had been thinking about the changes that I am going through in my life and thought it was ironic that this was going on during the same time as the seasonal change. 
This really got me thinking that change is a byproduct of the atonement of Jesus Christ. One cannot truly use the atonement in their life and not change.

Change [cheynj]: To Transform or Convert (source)

It's that conversion process that transforms one to be a better person than they were before. I then started thinking about my conversion story. It's not this grand story--not yet anyways. It's happening right now. I'm still in the beginning stages. What I've learned remembered, is that the atonement is real. I don't know or understand every little detail that it entails, but gradual process has been bringing light into my life. That's just a beginning. 

I have a love for President James E. Faust who said:
"If we will turn to the Lord and believe on His name, we can change. He will give us the power to change our lives, the power to put away bad thoughts and feelings from our hearts. We can be taken from “the darkest abyss” to “behold the marvelous light of God” -The Power to Change (source)
 Wow! No wonder Jesus Christ holds the title 'Savior'. It's fitting, isn't it? This change brings light. Light brings joy. Not only that, but how cool is it that we have the ability to change ourselves? With His divine help, we can change. I've struggled wrapping my mind around this lately, just because I am impatient and want immediate results. However, that hasn't stopped me from giving up. I have hope that I'll one day reap the reward of being who God wants me to become. I believe that will change me for the better.

What's your conversion story? Are you going through it just like me? Are you seeing changes being made into your life? Are you struggling through it? Do you feel like you've been tested to your limits? If this is you, the my message is to you (as well as myself):


And as Elder Jeffrey R. Holland firmly put it:
"DON'T YOU GIVE UP! DON'T YOU QUIT! You keep walking. You keep trying. There is happiness and help ahead...It will be all right in the end. TRUST GOD and believe in good things to come!" -Good Things to Come (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment