Monday, October 13, 2014

A Day in the Life...

Today was a bank holiday, which gave me the chance to help out with a special project. I can't wait to tell you about a wonderful foundation that I helped with this special project. Stay tuned for that coming up later this week.

I had a lazy morning until about ten when I decided it was time to get my day started. I tried to organize my time wisely, so that I could spend the majority of my time working on this blog. (There is so much that needs to be done to this dear blog of mine.) However, that was not the case. I was working and running around like a mad woman, trying to get several things done.

Everything came together perfectly and my heart was seriously bursting with joy. I then hid away for a bit, so that I could sit down. Nothing felt better than knowing that I was exhausted from a long day filled with service. Also, sitting down after hours of running around felt like heaven. I then kept thinking about how I really wanted to spend my day off working on this blog and doing some reading. Then I felt the Spirit correct me and reminded me of the service that I and the rest of the ward did today. That was very humbling. The Spirit also reminded me of the service that people did for me while I was coordinating everything. My heart was filled with more joy and I couldn't help but smile and say a quick prayer to thank Heavenly Father for looking out for me.

Doing service isn't always convenient. It's not always something that people want to do. It's so easy to rationalize and think, "Well, it's the thought that counts." I feel like service usually ends up with me having to sacrifice my time. However, the Lord taught me a lesson about service. He blesses His children when they serve each other. I couldn't have gotten everything done without the kindness of the people around me. My dear co-chair did so much and even drove to Springville to collect some boxes for me. My dear roommate who had already cleaned the kitchen twice, even fed me dinner. I am ever grateful for the help. I'm grateful that God watched over and helped me out. Man, God is so good.

Don't hesitate to serve. It always gives back.

No comments:

Post a Comment