Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Prepare for the unprepared

I'm sorry my posts have been not that exciting lately. By the time dinner rolled around last night, I didn't want to make pancakes anymore. So no pancake dinner for me. Anyways, let's take trip down memory lane, shall we?

I was up early this morning for a 10:00 interview. I got there 15 minutes early (as per usual) because I wasn't quite sure where the location was. The environment was chill and the room was a little too warm, but hey, it's not the worst. The interview began and my nerves kicked in full force. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but it sure wasn't my best interview. Thirty minutes later I was walking home with my head hung low. I felt so disappointed in myself. I'm usually really good with interviews, but no matter how much I prepared for this one, I felt so unprepared with my answers.

They'll never hire you.

I know. I messed up.

You jumbled up your words.

I know. I was so nervous.

Way to blow it!

Yeah.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to hide in my bed under the covers and never come out. But I opted for another option. I got home and immediately prayed. God knew what happened. Despite the heaviness, I didn't cry. I just softly talked to Him. Then I did some emotion code to release my negative emotions. And boy did I release so many of them! And then I ended with some relaxation meditation, which actually just made me fall asleep for 10 minutes. But it was good.

I feel better. I feel calm. I don't feel like beating myself up anymore. I did my best and am leaving the rest in God's hands. Regardless of whether or not I get the job or not, I am still a good, strong woman. Satan may tell me all He wants, but I will not choose to listen to him. I am a daughter of God and am filled with His light and love. I'm not perfect, but I am striving to improve every day and that's what counts. Liked Elder Holland said, "You get credit for trying." Life happens, but you know what? It's not the worst.

If you want to learn more about The Emotion Code, here's a link: http://www.drbradleynelson.com/five-things-you-should-know-to-use-the-emotion-code-correctly/

I use an app called, "Simply Being" for my meditation. I really enjoy it, but there are so many others that are good as well. You can find it in on the Google App store or itunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment