Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Less is More

The very title has become my new philosophy that I am trying to integrate into my life. With finals comes spring cleaning and a new chapter. I move out of my current apartment in the middle of May and to where? That's a secret for now.

I've watched a few YouTube videos that sparked my curiosity. The idea of becoming a "minimalist" is becoming more and more intriguing to me. I "dejunk" my stuff three times a year. The beginning and ending of the school year and during Christmas Break. I've been doing it more and more and I'm always impressed by how much I have gotten rid of and how great it feels.

So I am embarking on this journey, but this time, I'm really going to go to town with dejunking. I always have this fear of "what if I need this later" or "I spent a lot of money on that" or "My mom gave me that." But after getting some advice and tips from my research, I've finally decided to conquer my fears and get to it.

Today I took notes and made lists on what I want to tackle this week. It's going to make moving so much easier. But more importantly, less stuff = less stress! Halle-freakin'-lujah! Here's to a clean space!


Here is the first video that sparked my interest. I am a fan of Ingrid Nilsen and have been for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment