Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Plain and Precious Truths #1

"And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
"And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do a I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good."
"Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you."
"Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me." -Moses 6:31-34

My friends, I came across this beauty last week and was floored! I posted it on my Instagram, because it was THAT good! Do you ever feel inadequate, because I do like ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME!!! Ooooohhh but these words of scripture touched my soul. You see, here's Enoch expressing his own inadequacies to the Lord. Do you do that? I do.

Everyone feels inadequate. That's part of the human experience. Duh! But for real tho, God knew Enoch's potential. If God is going to call someone to press forward with His work, then God is going to pick the right person!  He doesn't let our inadequacies dim our true identity! He purely sees us. And so what does He do? He encourages Enoch to follow Him. He assures Enoch that He will help him every step of the way. And Enoch stays true to His God and we all know how the story ends. He walks with God. Woah.

The Lord has asked me to do His will. And I hesitantly lay my inadequacies before the Lord with my head held low. And perhaps I might be like Enos who "wrestled" with the Lord. And I might be like Enoch who asked, "Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight?" But I believe that like Enoch, God is still there beckoning us to follow Him. And like Enoch, God assures us that if we are for Him, He will be for us.

We can all do hard things, because God is good. God is love. And God is always there. Oh sweet the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment