Monday, June 13, 2016

New Transition


God stood in the way. I wanted to stay, because it was a familiar place. But God stood in the way. I felt attacked with depression and anxiety. I was confused. I tried everything to make it work. But God stood in the way. Usually He lets me choose. I can feel His gentle hand guiding me. Not this time. He stood in the way and threw me into a whole different situation. The transition was quick and flawless. I only felt homesick my first night, but that quickly went away. I don't know why I am here, but here I am. I'm closer to work. I'm socializing. I feel confident, safe, and loved. A renewed hope and joy has filled my heart. I feel like myself--something I haven't felt in so long. Things have been so much easier. All of this goodness has been so much sweeter after walking a hard path this year.

New transitions in life aren't the worst. Some may be easier than others, but it's these moments that help our development. So whatever your lot, whatever your transitions are, may you remember that they always lead to true greatness. And your God will be there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment