Sunday, June 19, 2016

Papa


My dad has always been one of my biggest heroes. I have some of his best qualities. He's funny. I'm funny. He's kind. I'm kind. He's thoughtful. I'm thoughtful. 

This father's day, we had visitors from Michigan and my dad wouldn't let them go until they sat down to eat dinner with us. That reminded me of this one Thanksgiving, where we had some workers show up to work on our yard. They were landscaping our yard. My dad invited them in for turkey dinner, but they declined. So my dad gave them a turkey to take home for their family. It's these types of things that make me proud to be his daughter. 

So many people love my dad, because he's so kind and funny. He once served in a YSA ward and the young adults would come talk to my dad. They loved my Dad. He's also a hard worker. I don't know anyone who works harder than my parents. They are always working, whether it's their business or yard work- they are always working. 

Speaking of work, when I was little, I used to go to work with my dad occasionally. We'd drive up to Tremonton where he would work on the church buildings. And we'd always stop at Big Ben's for a burger, fries, and shake. I always loved that time sitting in my dad's big truck. There was one day when we drove my dad's truck to Arizona to pick up a new trailer. It was supposed to be a father/daughter trip, but my mom ended up coming too. I was slightly bitter about it at first, not gonna lie. 

I hope my husband is half as great as you are, Dad. I love you! Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment