Thursday, November 5, 2015

When our paths crossed...

Personal Credence: I believe that there is no harm in following even the smallest of promptings. If you feel it, DO IT.
***

I once read that if you feel prompted to do something, DO IT! Here's the catch, it doesn't have to be a big impression; if you have even the slightest thought or feeling, DO IT!

I've been doing this. It first started off small and the more I've been doing it, I've been realizing how many good things I think of that I just quickly dismiss. For example, I often think that I should read my scriptures for a little bit or send a text to someone telling them I am thinking of them. I've been trying to be more obedient to those things.

The other night, I woke up early in the wee hours of the night and had a thought that I should go to the Temple. I thought about it and then went back to sleep. Much later in the day, near the close of my shift at work, I had the thought again that came with a sense of urgency. I gave in and went right after work. After the session, I typically sit in the Celestial room for a while to gather my thoughts and pray, but I didn't this time. I sat there for maybe 5 minutes and then decided to go home. I bundled up and started walking out the door. The walk home began and I walked quickly in the crisp fall air. I had been following this girl and if anyone knows me, I like to keep distance from people, so I crossed the street. After I was a little half way to my apartment, the girl crossed the street and we were walking side by side. So as per usual, she starts talking to me. What I thought would be a brief conversation, turned into a wonderful conversation that ended with a hug. She was the sweetest girl alive! We talked about everything from books to dating to Buzzfeed food experiments! She was radiant and had a bright feeling about her. I felt so grateful to be in her presence and so grateful to know her. The silly thing is, I can't remember her name for the life of me. But I do know she lives a block away from me and as we parted ways, she and I hoped we would run into each other again.

She was the reason that I was supposed to go to the Temple. I was supposed to meet her and am I grateful that I did. I may not ever see her again, but I am grateful that our paths have crossed. She was probably just being her friendly self, but what she may not know is that I enjoyed being in her company. I felt so good being in her presence and feeling her light. It really lifted my spirits and I was already pretty happy.

There are going to be times that you're going to do something that you might not be sure why. That's okay! Just trust yourself. If you feel or think of something good to do, however big or small it is, DO IT. There's no harm in doing good. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment