Thursday, August 11, 2016

Night Life

My brain won't stop thinking. Being a woman, it amazes me how much I think and analyze about so many things. Lately it seems like my brain won't shut up and I spend hours laying in bed thinking and analyzing into the wee hours of the morning. God and I talk a lot at night. I have found our conversations are the strongest between the hours of 3:00-4:00 in the morning.

Things are changing in my life and I am trying so hard not to abandon ship. (I'm really good at that.) My brain freaks out, but I tend to repress everything usually until after dark. I love night time, because while being up most of the night can be physically draining, I feel the closest to God. When nightfall comes and everything is quiet, I feel like I can think properly. I feel like my heart and mind are more open to receiving personal revelation.

I like to keep an index card in my pocket, so that during the day I can write down thoughts that come to mind that I should think about later. When the night comes, I pull out my card and go through the list. Some days have more than others. I analyze each one and think more in depth until I've exhausted each thought.

Having a girl brain is weird. It's not the worst.



No comments:

Post a Comment