Friday, July 8, 2016

His role in MY Personal Life

Early Sunday morning at about 2:15, I got out of bed and read my Patriarchal Blessing. I was on a spiritual high after feeling angry at God all weekend. Yes. You read correctly. I was angry at God this last weekend. And I hated the feeling. I hate feeling angry, but even more, I hated feeling angry towards my God. Anyways, I got out of bed at 2:15 after having watched the movie Christian Mingle. (Yeah, I watched that movie and I liked it so bite me!)

Long story short, girl signs up for the dating website Christian Mingle, fakes being Christian, meets cute Christian guy, guy finds out, GIRL FINDS GOD AND JESUS, girl and guy fall in love. Amen. Hallelujah. Forever and ever. Whatever.

...so I got out of bed at 2:15 after having watched this movie, because I felt like that girl. Angry at God. Crying. (For the record, I wasn't angry that I am single. I'm serious) I chose to read my Patriarchal Blessing because I wanted to read something personal. An idea came to my my mind to write down every time it talked about God and His role in MY life. Pretty much everything started with "your Father in Heaven". I've read my Patriarchal Blessing so many times, but this time was different. This blessing truly came from my Father in Heaven. His role in my life is so very personal. I realized this
during this experience. His counsel spans from responsibility and potential to finding my love, future family, and my calling here in this life. He promised me that even in the times I feel alone, He is there.

It was this moment that I deeply saw God as my Father. I needed my Father more than anything during that weekend. The bitterness I felt began to fade. I knelt down in sincere prayer and asked my Father in Heaven for His forgiveness.

God isn't just God. He is our Father. That's a relationship worth having and cherishing. You'd be surprised just how much He is a part of your life whether you recognize it or not.

All good things.


No comments:

Post a Comment