Monday, July 18, 2016

Because I'm a foodie...

I take a lot of pictures of food, because duh! I love food. I like to look at food. I like to cook. I like to bake. I LOVE to eat. Sometimes I have cooking mishaps. Like last week. When I thought my food processor would work. It doesn't. And my BlendTec wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. So...great. Most times my food turns out spectacular. Here are some pictures for you eyes to feast on. <<See what I did there?


I love fresh lemons! Lately I've been slicing lemons and freezing them to put in my water bottle. Not only do they act as ice, but they also add fresh lemon flavor to it.


I've been lovin' bell peppers lately. I put them in everything. Quesadillas, salads, rice, pasta...


I love, love, LOVE, taco salad. This salad is meat-less, but I love the flavors of different veggies, black beans, and cilantro mixed together! Cilantro is my love. I love to add it to everything, because it really just adds freshness and flavor to any dish.


On the rare occasions that I make tacos, I always enjoy it. I love everything that goes into a taco. This day I made lime chicken tacos. Most times I go meat-less and add rice or more beans with lime to it. It's delicious either way!


I wanted a quick sweet snack, so I whipped up these babies. I cut an English muffin in half. Added a layer of peanut butter. Sliced up an apple and assembled it on top and added a dash of cinnamon sugar to it. I baked it at 350 degress unti lightly toasted. Seriously this was amazing!



Obviously saved the best for last. I made homemade enchiladas. Seriously, this should be more of a staple than it already is. I topped it off with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole. It was a huge hit! It's dishes like this that confirm that my future family won't starve! I'll be making these soon and posting a recipe here next week so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment