Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mama Rock


I believe that she and I chose each other to help each other through this life. It seems that as each year passes, my love for her seems to grow in many different aspects. She faithfully fulfills her role as a wife, mother, and grandmother. I admire her capacity to truly love God and Jesus Christ. She is accepting and loving. She has changed through the atonement of Jesus Christ and has come to know Him on a level that I also hope to reach. Her desire to become like Christ shows as she radiates the light of Christ!

I always admired how much my dad loves her. Dad always says that when he had his accident, mom was the only reason he chose to stay here on earth. Mom takes good care of Dad and she loves him. She accepts him as he is and she does what she can to serve him. They've been together for 42 years and while their marriage has never been perfect, they have pushed through. They've loved each other through all seasons of life.

I love you, mom. Thank you for loving and accepting me. Thank you for continuing to emulate the light of Christ through your testimony and countless examples. You are the rock in my life and my best friend. I so dearly love you, mom! Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment