Thursday, January 14, 2016

Beat The Blues: Essential Oils

So...let's talk essential oils. I just started using them. However, I have a lot of friends who use them and they seem to like them. So I'm jumping on the bandwagon and seeing what all of this is about. And to be honest, I like them. I'm currently using lavender, wild orange, and frankincense. I thought those three were safe enough to start with. Here are the benefits of these three:

Frankincense: Relaxing, focusing, centering.
I put a drop of frankincense in my mouth once a day. A lady in Seattle told me to do this last year when I went to visit. She was really into essential oils and had me read a book all about them.

Orange: Refreshing, uplifting, invigorating.
I've always loved the smell of citrus and orange is my favorite. If I am feeling particularly groggy, I put a drop of this and rub it between my wrists or the back of my neck. The scent really helps me get going.

Lavender: Soothing, normalizing, balancing.
I told you in a previous post, that I typically use lavender internally by making lavender lemonade. If I get a headache I will use it for that. Lavender is just naturally calming and really helps with my anxiety.

My mom recently rubbed a sage blend on the back of my neck to help me calm down from and anxiety attack. I could feel my body absorbing it quickly and I was pretty surprised at how calm I became. I'll have to report back what it actually was, but I do remember it being sage.

Do you use essential oils? If so, what do you use? If you're interested in using them, there are plenty of sources to go to purchase them. I got mine at Sprouts Market Place. You can check out Doterra and they are pretty good too. Check back in tomorrow for our fifth and final post for this series. Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment