Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Stranger's Kindness

Person Credence #3 - I believe that genuine kindness is one of the best characteristics.

***

I'm sure I looked like a wreck. I saw my reflection in the mirror, I saw my red eyes. It was like someone had turned on a faucet and tears where just streaming. Of course I buried my face in my hands. I wasn't quite sure what I was feeling, but that didn't stop the tears. Yes, I have been a bit unsettled lately, but tears, really? And while wallowing, I felt a gentle hand on my back. I just kept crying, because last time I remembered, a girl I didn't know sat down by me. But she comforted me in my time of heartache. I still don't know who she was, but that few minutes or so that I cried, she rubbed my back. And while touch is something I am quite fond of, it was oddly-somewhat soothing. And maybe that's because I didn't see who she was? I don't know. I appreciate her kindness- her genuine kindness towards someone that she doesn't know.

I really liked how being kind was something that Cinderella's mother encouraged her to be. (Have you seen the movie?) I've always been told that kindness was one of my characteristics. It's something that I cherish and will always have. I've been a recipient countless of times of people who have shown me kindness in the last 25 years. My parents taught me to be kind. I've seen my family members extend kindness in different ways. It's a part of me.

To the girl who showed kindness to me last night in the Temple, thank you. I don't have to know who you are to know that you are kind person. Your actions proved that to me and to others around you. I will pay it forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment