Saturday, February 7, 2015

Love Letters #3

"If you saw me right now, you'd probably tell me to 'hit the hay'. And then I'd respond with something incredibly (and incoherently) witty and we'd laugh. I love the feeling of exhaustion after a long day of hard work. I packed, moved, and unpacked. My nearly two hour trip at Walmart paid off. My new corner cabinet is filled with food to last me a good while. I'm excited to start cooking and baking again. I'm excited to try out some new recipes I've been bookmarking in my new vegan cookbook. I have a pile mountain of boxes sitting in the middle of the kitchen, waiting to be put away. My room is mostly unpacked. I finally bought an ironing board to pair with my iron. Turns out there was one in the laundry room. 

I'm not sure why God has led me to this place. Everything has worked out perfectly. I couldn't be more grateful. I'm still baffled as to why I am here. The roommates are kind and sweet. The ward is fun. (Or so I have been told.) I am not sad about the change. But I'm not excited either. I'm just mellow. I am supposed to be here, that I know. I guess time will tell.

Maybe we'll meet here? Maybe not. That's okay though. We're still each others and God will unite us, when He see's fit. But until then, I think I will 'hit the hay' now. (And I did laugh at that, only because it sounds ridiculous. You can laugh too." 




No comments:

Post a Comment