Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Becoming (Part Two)

***This is part two of my original post.***

I'm becoming something...or rather I'm becoming someONE. The more I carve out my character, the more I am learning more about who I want to become. I realized something the other day: the more I go to the Temple, the more I can pin point my flaws. I can easily see the areas that might need a bit more work. Sometimes it's overwhelming, other times it's humbling. The beauty about the Temple is that even though I recognize these flaws, I am quickly reminded about who God wants me to be. I was born to become a Queen. Me. A Queen? No way!

YES WAY!

Now what does the world want me to become? I don't know. I feel like the world says a lot of different things that confuses me. I'm supposed to be conservative and liberal, rich, successful, educated, blah blah blah blah blah blah.

God wants me to be a Queen. A QUEEN! And all I have to do is follow Him and Jesus Christ. Everything has been set before me. I have unlimited access to Heavenly Father through prayer. I have scriptures to guide me when I get confused. I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches me eternal principles. This Gospel literally teaches me how to become the Queen I am destined to be. 

It's easy to become confused in a world that is telling me to become several different things. It makes it hard to know who or what to turn to. But in the Gospel, I am reminded to turn to my creator. It makes sense though, right? To turn to your maker, because He knows you the best. By golly, he created you! He knows. He knows! 

I'm becoming a Queen. The more cracks and crevices and flaws I find in myself, I am trying to use the atonement to fill them. The atonement reminds me that I'm not alone on my journey in becoming a Queen. The atonement is beautiful in the most personal ways. It's necessary in order  to become a Queen.

Perfection takes time. Change takes time. Becoming who God wants me to be takes time. I'm becoming and it's a beautiful process.


No comments:

Post a Comment