Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Days and the Kool-Aid Gang

Let's be honest. Kool-Aid is delicious. Especially when you're a little kid. That cold, sugary drink is what cools you down on a hot summer day! My mom never bought Kool-Aid, BUT my neighbors pantry was stocked! I remember those days sitting on the front porch in the summer heat, drinking Kool-Aid with my friends. That was the life!

One hot day after drinking a whole pitcher of Kool-Aid, we got a crazy idea. Kool-Aid is practically colored sugar. Add water and voila! You have yourself Kool-Aid! We filled the pitcher, added the necessary cups of sugar, and (for color) a few drops of food coloring. We stirred everything together and poured us a tall glass. I took a nice big swig and my world came to halting stop.
BLEH!!! It was disgusting! (Vomitrocious as my young self would say.) I guess you could say we forgot about the artificial flavoring that satisfies the palate.

Moral of the story: Save the sugar water for the hummingbirds.


No comments:

Post a Comment