Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Memory Lane - Christmas Edition Part One


Christmas as a child was magical! The anticipation of what Santa would bring me was only a small portion of the magic. The true magic and spirit of Christmas came through the joy of being with my family. I looked forward to Christmas Eve over Christmas day! Mom would spend her day getting the treats together for the party. Dad would have The Beach Boy's Christmas album and video camera ready to go. We'd rush to put on our new pj's and call our cousins to join us for the festivities. Then Little St. Nick would be blaring through our speakers and the party began! We danced to the music and laughed. We stuffed ourselves with cheese ball and crackers! Mom would read us Christmas stories. That was my favorite. The light above the fireplace was the only light on, besides the glow of the Christmas tree. The room was quiet as she read. She never forgot to mention the true reason for the season. She always brought the Spirit of Christ into the room as she bore her sweet testimony of our Savior. As I've gotten older, I've appreciated more the true meaning of Christmas. It's because my mom taught me. I'll always be grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment