Monday, December 12, 2016

My Roots


I'm a beach girl by blood. I'm pretty sure that ocean water (specifically the Pacific ocean) runs in my veins. There's something about the beach that is home for me. And right now, I'm feeling the call to go home.

If it weren't for the faith of my birth parents, I would not be living the life I have right now. They gave me the best gift, when it caused such heartache on their end. Recently, I have become more and more grateful for their love and kindness. I've never felt more of a pull to go to Western Samoa nor have I felt such a yearning feeling to connect with my Samoan roots. God has truly been pushing me in this direction. He's surrounded me with the right people to help me embrace my Polyneisan culture.

To my Samoan family, I truly and genuinely love you. My thoughts and prayers are always with you. To my birth parents, I love you and am so grateful for the life that you gave me. You gave me a life filled with joy and love. I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and know that God has me where I need to be. Because of your faith and sacrifice, I can be an instrument in God's hands and fulfill His will for my life. Also, I know that my adopted family, especially my adopted parents, are so grateful for you. You truly handed me over to the best family pssible.  I love you all and pray for you continually! I'll be coming to visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment